Thursday, January 23, 2014

Day 9 of Construction

January 23, 2014 - Thursday




I woke up this morning and thought it was a lot later than it actually was.
Even so, I dreaded getting up. I was still so tired, my whole body weighed down with sleep deprivation. Even after spending most of yesterday in bed, due to stomach issues, I was (am) still exhausted.
As I laid awake trying to convince myself to get up, (and eventually succeeding) I noticed my dog acting weird. He kept going over to the window, and, looking out towards the yard, he would wag his tail like he saw a friend out there. I thought maybe he could see one of the other dogs in the yard or something. But then he would back up real quick like something scared him. So, still in bed, I leaned over and moved the curtain to try to see out the window. That's when I noticed a ladder with a man standing on it.



And then begins the banging.


Today the construction guys were putting some underlayment on the roof. (If you're interested in knowing more about that aspect of roofing, here's a piece of information.) Basically what it was like for us, the inhabitants of the house, is this: "BANG BANG BANG! BOOM BOOM! *THE FOUNDATION SHAKES!* BANG BANG! BANG!!!"

We had some things to do in town, so we left as soon as possible. The crew was gone when we got back. I have no idea if they're coming tomorrow or not. I didn't think they'd be here today, due to the snow and fierce winds, but they came anyway. We don't know the work schedule, what days they'll be coming and what days they aren't, other than the weekend.

I'm thankful that these guys are fixing our house. I know it can't be easy or enjoyable being out in the cold and wind all day. I know I wouldn't want to be. I'll be really glad when it's all finished though. And especially glad when we get insulation back in the attic. Yes, I can almost feel the warmth.

Almost.

But not really.   

No comments:

Post a Comment