Sunday, January 19, 2014

Day 6, 7, and 8 of Construction

January 14, 2014 - Tuesday  - Day 6 of Construction

Awoke once again to noise. Lots of noise. The electricians were here doing what electricians do. Lots of electrical stuff. And you wouldn't think that would be very noisy. But it is.

It was raining all day, so the construction crew couldn't do anything outside, though a few of them did stop by to talk with each other about their progress and what needed to be done next. We were hoping for some kind of schedule, but when dealing with outdoor work a lot of the planning depends on the weather.
One of the guys measured the kitchen "window." That's about all I know. Another guy actually took his boots off on the mat so as not to get our floor all muddy. I thought that was a pretty nice gesture.

After a while we decided to go get lunch from a little cafe out town. As we were getting ready, the electrical people were about to take a lunch break also. One of the guys said they were going to McDonald's and asked me if I'd like them to bring back something for us. I said no thank you, but I thought that was really nice of him to ask.

By the time we returned home they had finished; we actually passed them on the road not far from our house. All of the overhead lights/fans were back up and the electricity was back on in my room. Praise be!


January 16, 2014 - Thursday  - Day 7 of Construction

Today the electricians came by again and this time they didn't do too much banging, which was appreciated by me. They put in overhead light fixtures in all the rooms that didn't already have them, (except mine) and fixed the outside lights on the back porch where they'd been damaged by the fire. It didn't take them long to do those things.

That about sums it up for the work done today.

January 17, 2014 - Friday - Day 8 of Construction

Ah, the last work day of the week. We had some things to do today, so we weren't home whilst the crew worked on rebuilding the roof over our back porch. It wasn't there when we left, but it was when we got back. It is a very nice roof, I might add. Way better than the old one. The old one leaked. Not cool. But this one is great.

I have no idea what next week will consist of. My life right now is basically, "Take whatever comes at you with as much serenity as you can muster."


Note: I apologize that this post is being published a bit late. I haven't had much time for blogging this past week; life is crazy. Also, I know it's not the most exciting thing to read about. I personally prefer creative writing, and maybe it shows when I write fact instead, but I just wanted to write about the construction as a way to sort of kep a record of what's been going on concerning the repairs and whatnot. If you stick with me, there will be more stories and other, more interesting things.
Thanks for reading!      



No comments:

Post a Comment