Saturday, June 29, 2013

Getting In The Spirit

In the spirit of "Trying Something New," (lame name, I know. I'll have to come up with a better one eventually) I have indeed tried some new things this year. I'll list a few.

First off, of course, is writing blog posts. I've always really liked to write. Even when I was a kid I loved making up short stories and writing them down. They've definitely improved over the years. Writing is how I sort of detach myself from everything that goes on in my life or in my mind. It's like an escape, even if only for a little while.

I've never really put my stuff out there for people to read freely, and even though no one really views this blog, it's still kinda scary to think that anyone can come and read what I've written. Because those words are part of me. They come from my mind, my heart.

Some other things I've tried are different kinds of food. Now this isn't something that excites me.I'm not usually like, "Yeah! I want to try that green, slimey looking thing!" I'm just not like that. I have some different food allergies, which I think contribute to my apprehension when it comes to trying new foods. But, for the most part, I think I'm getting better. I have tried:

-Guacamole
-Kefir (definitely recommend that!)
-Kombucha Tea
-Cod
-Tofu (...it wasn't bad.)
-Sushi (I actually thought it was pretty good.)

Here's a list of books I've read so far this year with my 1-5 star rating:

-The Selection by Kiera Cass ~4
-Unending Devotion by Jody Hedlund ~2.5
-Madame Bovary by Gustave Flaubert ~2
-Safe Haven by Nicholas Sparks ~3
-When God Writes Your Love Story by Eric and Leslie Ludy ~3.5
-The Great Gatsby by F. Scott Fitzgerald ~2.5
-The Summer I Turned Pretty by Jenny Han ~0
-The Halflings by Heather Burch ~3
-The Last Song by Nicholas Sparks ~3
-Sever by Lauren DeStefano ~4.5
-Harry Potter and The Sorcerer's Stone by J.K. Rowling ~3
-The Elite by Kiera Cass ~4
-Mila 2.0 by Debra Driza ~4.5
-Matched by Ally Condie ~ 2.5
-Crossed by Ally Condie ~2.5
-Reached by Ally Condie ~2.5

 A list of movies I've seen in theaters this year, also with my 1-5 star rating:

-Rise of the Guardians ~4
-The Hobbit ~3.5
-Oz, The Great and Powerful ~4.5
-The Host ~5
-The Croods ~3
-Iron Man 3 ~4.5
-Star Trek: Into Darkness ~5
-Now You See Me ~5
-Man of Steel ~5

I've also read some pretty cool blogs recently that I'll link here in case you want to check them out.

Absolutely loved this one. Could definitely relate.  http://vmipsychmajor.tumblr.com/post/44836013681/musings-from-the-desert-whats-the-point-of

There were most assuredly some things in here that stood out to me and really clicked. http://www.amandaroose.com/2013/the-messy-side-of-transition/?utm_source=rss&utm_medium=rss&utm_campaign=the-messy-side-of-transition

This one really hits the nail on the head, I think, when it comes to the whole "modesty" thing. Great blog. http://tellmewhytheworldisweird.blogspot.com/2013/06/the-male-equivalent-to-modesty.html

Here's a look at "modesty" from a mom's perspective. Good read. http://spiritualsoundingboard.com/2013/06/27/enough-already-with-the-modesty-purity-hype/

Though I haven't been to a lot of different places, or tried anything incredibly exciting, such as hot air ballooning or sky diving or bungee jumping, I think I've got a good start.

There are so many places that I want to go, things I want to see and experience, and sometimes it feels like I'll never get to do all the things I want to. But I hope that I'll have the opportunity to embark on some great adventures at some point in my life.

If you somehow come across this blog, feel free to leave a comment. (But please be nice :)

PEACE. LOVE. BACON.


  











No comments:

Post a Comment