Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Ain't Nobody Got Time Fo Dat






I'm sure a lot of people have heard of "Sweet Brown" and seen the video on YouTube or somewhere else along the internet. It's been redone to make it a funny video, but I can't help but think about this one phrase, "Ain't nobody got time fo dat," a little bit differently now.
The thing is, what do we have time for? Seriously, think about that for a second. (Did you think about it?) Think about the concept of time. Do you know exactly how much of it you have? I don't. I don't know at all. And I guess the reason I think of that phrase differently now is because when a person in your family dies before they've become old and grey, it makes you think about time differently. It makes you think about life in a way that you may not have thought of before. And I really don't want to waste mine.
How many things do we do, how many things do we spend so much time on, that when we get to the end of our lives...it won't even matter at all? What do our lives consist of? I wonder how many silly things we get so caught up in and so worked up over that don't even matter...
If I were to take a look at how much time I spend on useless things, I'd probably be pretty embarrassed. And I'd be sad that I'm not putting the time I've been given to good purpose. So I guess it's "time" to make some changes. Do things differently. Figure out what's really important. What's worth my time? What's worth your time?
So love your loved ones while you can. Laugh and have fun and be happy with those closest to you, and be kind to those who aren't. Because life is too short to waste time on regrets. Say what you want to say while you can still say it. If you love someone, tell them. If someone is important to you, make time for them. You never know how much you have left.

No comments:

Post a Comment